An online Registration Form will be available on the website from November 1st – 30th. No entries can be accepted after registration has closed.
Artists new to the Trail must register one week in advance of the deadline so that any problems can be addressed in good time.
Once you are registered, you will receive regular email Newsletters with support and information about the Trail timeline, what needs to be done, what is happening and when.
2. Who can take part ?
The Chichester Open Studios Art Trail is open to all artists and makers resident in the Chichester area or those who have their full-time art studio in the area.
The Chichester area for this purpose refers to the extent of the of the current Trail. Any studios outside this area would need approval by the committee.
3. Dates to be available and commitment required
The Trail dates are the first two weekends in May
Saturday, Sunday, Monday May 4th, 5th, 6th and Saturday, Sunday May 11th, 12th
Studios are open from 10.30am – 5.30pm and the artist is present during the opening hours.
The Art Trail Preview Exhibition in the Oxmarket
Tuesday April 23rd until Sunday April 28th.
The Launch Party will be on the Tuesday evening, April 23rd.
On Monday April 22nd (hanging day) and Sunday April 28th, artists will be required to drop off and collect their exhibition piece.
A day will be set aside at the beginning of April for artists to collect their Venue signs and supplies. This will also be a social event for artists. Date to be confirmed.
4. What type of work can I exhibit?
Only your own original work, or fine art prints of your work, may be exhibited on the Trail.
While it is preferred that artists open their own studio, workplace or home for the Trail, it is evident that not all artists have a venue suitable to invite hundreds of visitors. In this situation eligible artists may join together in a studio, or hire a suitable venue within the Trail area.
A maximum of 2 artists may share a venue. This preserves the working studio atmosphere and ethos of Chichester Open Studios Art Trail and also supports the artists who choose to open their studios alone.
The above does not apply to venues which are studio complexes, where an artist has a regular studio space. In the case of a studio complex, all artists working at the site must register for the Trail
Galleries or art spaces promoting the work of other artists at the same time as the Trail, cannot participate.
Artists, for a variety of different reasons, may benefit from inviting another artist to share their venue. An artist wishing to share, or offer a place for another artist in their studio, should contact us with their details and we will attempt to match you up.
The fee for joining this year is £95 per artist.
- Each artist has an entry in the Art Trail Guide; 20,000 of these are made available to artists for distribution.
- Each artist also has a webpage with 3 images, an artist’s statement, description of work, location and directions to their studio.
- The fee includes all advertising and Art Trail direction signs to each artist’s studio.
- There are social media sites, a blog, website features and regular newsletters to artists. Artists may send information to add to the online marketing.
- An exhibition of work by each Trail artist, is held at the Oxmarket Gallery. This serves as a taster for visitors in the run up to the Trail, and also as a gathering for participating artists.
- Third Party Public Liability Insurance for each venue.
Please note: An additional fee will be charged to process subsequent alterations to registration details after the deadline. Registration fees are non refundable. We cannot refund this fee for any reason – it covers the administrative cost of processing your registration and contributes towards costs of organising the event.