An online Registration Form will be available in November.
Artists new to the trail must register one week in advance of the deadline so that any problems can be sorted out early.
2. Who can take part?
The Chichester Open Studios Art Trail is open to all artists and makers resident in the Chichester area or those who have their full-time art studio in the area.
The Chichester area for this purpose refers to the extent of the of the current Trail. Any studios outside of this area would need approval by the committee.
3. What type of work can I exhibit?
Only your own original work or fine art prints may be exhibited on the Trail.
While it is preferred that artists open their own studio, workplace or home for the Trail, it is evident that not all artists have a venue suitable to invite hundreds of visitors. In this situation artists may join together in a studio or hire a suitable venue within the Trail area.
There is, however, a limit of 2 artists sharing a venue for the Trail. This does not apply to venues which are studio complexes where the artist has a regular studio space. In the case of the studio complex all artists working at the site must register for the Trail.
Galleries or art spaces promoting the work of other artists at the same time as the Trail will not be allowed.
Artists, for a variety of different reasons may benefit from inviting another artist to share their venue.
Artists wishing to share or offering a place for another artist in their studio should contact us with their details and we will attempt to match you up.
The fee for joining this year is £95 per artist.
- Each artist has an entry in the Art Trail Guide; 20,000 of these are made available to artists for distribution.
- Each artist also has a webpage with 3 images, an artist’s statement, description of work, location and directions to their studio.
- The fee includes all advertising and Art Trail direction signs to each artist’s studio.
- There are social media sites, a blog and newsletters to inform visitors and to which artists may contribute.
- An exhibition of work by each Trail artist, is held at the Oxmarket Gallery. This serves as a taster for visitors in the run up to the Trail, and also as a gathering for participating artists.
- Third Party Public Liability Insurance for each venue.
Please note: An additional fee will be charged to process subsequent alterations to registration details after the deadline. Registration fees are non refundable. We cannot refund this fee for any reason – it covers the administrative cost of processing your registration and contributes towards costs of organising the event.